Jubilee School provides an environment in which children build upon their wealth of creative, intellectual, social and physical resources as individuals, and as members of a community whose history and culture is the central starting place for their study of the world. By integrating scholarship, social activism and the celebration of their heritage, students gain a sense of the riches of their legacy and the power of their individual and collective voices to affect change in their local and global communities. Our commitment is to provide a rigorous, comprehensive private school education which is affordable to all, regardless of income.
Philosophy of Education
The approach to education at Jubilee is built upon a foundation of respect for children as:
- learners who are innately curious about the world around them
- thinkers with important ideas who use logic, reason and intuition to make sense of their world
- artists whose creative instincts need to be encouraged and developed
- spiritual/moral beings who need the freedom to express their spirituality, and to weigh the complexities of moral decisions; both their own, and those of others
- individuals with their own perspectives, strengths, weaknesses, interests and approaches to the world
- members of a community whose history and culture is the central starting place or their study of the world
- builders and decision-makers with a responsibility to their families, their school community, their larger community and the world.